1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker lights are Meyer lights?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Humvee27, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

I stopped by my dealer the other day and I see a Meyer reps truck parked in the lot with their new plow on it....and it has the exact same lights as the new Hiniker poly lights I have, only they have Meyer molded into the plastic....what gives?

Also, I have had both lights on my new poly straight fail this year....one was the following picture, the other the rivets became too loose to keep the light mounted to the plate...my dealer fixed both with no questions asked (great service on it too) but anyone else having issues with the newer style lights? My dealer said that he has had about 7 to 8 come in recently for these issues.

Hiniker Plow 003.jpg
  2. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I have seen both those lights look real similar. Was wondering if they are the same?
  3. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Those lights looked identical so if they aren't the "same" then somebody has a copywright problem.....the only difference I saw was the Meyer plow had the words Meyer molded into the rear of the light....I do like them, as they are pretty bright....just hope they will last.