1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Light Problem

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by clacy, Nov 24, 2009.

1. clacy

clacy Junior Member
    from Iowa

I have a 1st generation Hiniker straight blade. When I hook it up to a 2001 Chevy 3500 I have no high and low beam headlights. All other functions work, just no plow lights when I switch the plow truck switch. I notice on my dash that my high beam indicator is lit up.

When I hook this plow up to other trucks 87 and 82 chevys that have C plows on them, this plow works as it is supposed to. All lights and power.

When I hook another ( C Plow) plow up to the 2001 chevy those plows work as they are supposed to. The head lights are fine, I tested them, and I changed out the relays. I also changed the cab controler.

The straight and C plows work on the 82 and 87 chevy fine. The straight blade doesnt work on the 2001 chevy, but the C plows do. There is new wiring on the 2001 also. The headlight adapter kit is 38813046 general application for 4 headlights using H9005 and H9006 high and low beam headlights.
  2. clacy

clacy Junior Member
    from Iowa

I also found a ground wiring adapter harness for 1999-2002 Dodge and GMC models. I dont recall seeing this in my wiring harness. Could this be the problem.
  3. jeff a

jeff a Junior Member

I have a similar problem on my scoop plow, low beams are on and the brights indicator in the truck is always on, when I turn on the brights they just get dim and when I attach a ground to it they get bright. where did you find this ground harness?
  4. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Willing to bet it is a Ground problem.....
  5. hinikerman

hinikerman Junior Member

I'm a hiniker dealer new to this group. If your chevy has daytime running lights let me know. There are 2 different wiring harnesses available for this problem. I need to know if you have daytime running lights before giving you an answer.

Hiniker Support Team
  6. clacy

clacy Junior Member
    from Iowa

I was missing the ground light adapter for this specific truck. Every thing works fine now.:laughing:
  7. mzgloves20

mzgloves20 Member

I have a hini scoop and am also having a problem with lighting. I have daytime running lights on my 07 Chevy 3500.

The recurring problem I have is that when I plug in my plow the truck lights will not function regardless of what position the controller switch is on.
  8. cmlcsu

cmlcsu Junior Member

where did you find your adapter for grounding lights? looking for same thing for 2001 dodge 1500, no daytime running lights
  9. bigbadduramax

bigbadduramax Junior Member
    from kansas

im having the same problem on my 2001 gmc 3500 slt with running lights, DA series v steel blade, ive tried two light adapters , 38813046 (headlights would not switch to plow) and 38813042(headlights would not switch and high beam indicator stayed on) the lights work fine when hooked up to my 2013 3500hd. ANY HELP/??? none of my local hiniker dealers are any help and have never heard of any ground lite adapters like hinikerman refered to.????
  10. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

They are talking about the old grey loom harnesses. I'm sure you would have the newer style harness with the black plastic loom.