1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hiniker light help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by NPMinc, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Just helped with the install of a hiniker 8' trip edge on a friends 2002 dodge 2500. Everything works as it should with the exception of the headlights. Passenger side light seems noticably dimmer than other but more importantly when truck is shut off the plow lights remain on dimly untill the round plug and the power cable are disconnected from the truck side harness. What I really think odd is that the lights will remain dimly lit with only the power plugs hooked up and the plowside harness disconnected. Friend told me that this also happened on the 2000 2500 that this plow was removed from and that the local "dealer" told him that this was a ground issue on the old truck but its doing the same thing on the new install. Should also note that these are the older style sqare lights with the exteded side turn/parking lights. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  2. Anyone??? Im totally confused on this one
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

There's got to be some type of power back feeding throughout the headlight circuit.
    Maybe try unplugging the plow adapters at the trk lights and see what happens
  4. Yeah the more I think about it I think its gotta be cracked Insulation on wires somewhere in the harness thats allowing a slight amount of power to constantly bleed through