1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker instantly floats

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Cooter24, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I've got an older C-Plow. Was used as a backup last year and I dealt with it. It will be getting used all the time now and should be fixed. When you hit the controller down it instantly goes into float mode. Not bad but when curled over it slams down on the ground pretty hard. Is it something in the controller?

2. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

I think thats the way its supposed to be. I always drop the blade first and then curl it. If i'm repeatedly backdragging i'll curl it back up about half way as i'm pulling back up then drop and curl. I know exactly what you mean about it hitting hard when you drop it fully curled. By doing it the way I do it makes it much easier on the plow. I would think dropping it in full curl repeatedly will wear things out much faster.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  3. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I believe you should have to hold the down button for 2-3 seconds before it goes into float.

4. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I think the controller crapped out on me. Nothing works on it. It has power, but no power light. The head light switch still works though. Hopefully i can get this fixed asap.

5. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

I had the same problem when I tested my plow this fall. The 20amp fuse blew, but i still had headlights...

6. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Did you find a reason or cause to the fuse blowing. I am going to check that first.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

hinikers go into float as soon as you hit down..which is actually up on the hiniker controls.

8. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I guess I was used to the other plow I was using that you hold for it to go to float. Turned out the under hood wiring fuse was bad. Is there a cause to this fuse blowing? The plow was ran for about 1 hour. During that time the plow was not making connection all the time and would occasionally need to wiggle the plug to get the plow to drop. Would that have anything to do with it?