1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker help!

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Modesplowing, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Modesplowing

Modesplowing Junior Member

When taking off the plow after the last snow I didn't step on the forks to retract the lift cylinder on my hiniker. Now the light bar is collapsed and the cylinder is fully extended to the point where I cant move the light bar up at all. I have tried jacks, lifting the plow manually, using a winch. I can't drive my forks into the receiver because the plow is collapsed.

Any ideas on how to get the light bar up and the cylinder retracted?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  2. jake2333

jake2333 Junior Member

Can you get close enought to plow to hook up connections? Maybe that would help.....I have done this too and normally one guy can hold frame straight and I can drive onto forks

3. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

Get close enough to hook up the wire connections to the truck. Put the controller in float mode, then push down on the cylinder while pushing the light bar back up. Should work, I've done it before.

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

What he said

5. Modesplowing

Modesplowing Junior Member

Thanks

I couldnt get close enought to connect so I ended up having to disconnect the hydraulic line to the cylinder and then drain it in order to get it to move.:realmad:

6. farmboy9330

farmboy9330 Junior Member

Buy a western:drinkup:

7. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

LOL, you are kidding right? You made a whole bunch of work for yourself. Does your truck have like a 20" lift kit on it or something to where the wires wouldn't reach? I too have done this a few times in different trucks and have never had to relieve pressure in the cylinder.