1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker headlight harness problem on '06 GMC D/A

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BlueOvalBoy, Dec 9, 2006.

1. BlueOvalBoy

BlueOvalBoy Member

I have this posted in the Hiniker plow section also, but I was hoping one of you guy's could help out.

I have an '06 GMC 2500HD Crewcab 4x4 Duramax/Allison. I installed a used c-plow from a 2000-2002 GMC (it was somewhere around that model year truck). My problem is the wiring harness for the headlights. I keep blowing the fuses for the headlights. A friend suggested that GM changed some wires around on the newer trucks and that could be the issue. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or any insight on what I can do? I'd like to get this resolved before the next big snow.

Thanks
    B

2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

GM changed in 03 so maybe thats the problem. Is your harness a plug and play type or did you make it work? If so what did you have to do to it?

3. BlueOvalBoy

BlueOvalBoy Member

See this thread
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?p=332608#post332608

Like I told Lawn, that is the same harness in the pic that I have which is plug-n-play. The guy had cut some wires and reversed them for some reason for his truck. I just got done sorting all that out and I'll try it tonight when I get home. wish me luck.

4. BlueOvalBoy

BlueOvalBoy Member

Thanks to Lawns & More, I was able to figure out the wiring on my GMC. It turns out the GM reversed the pos(+) and neg(-) wires on both the high and low headlights. That's why I was blowing fuses. Once I reversed the feed wires on the harness, I was good to go. :D Thanks for everyone's help.

B

5. BlueOvalBoy

BlueOvalBoy Member

Update on the headlight wiring harness adapter. After my wife informed me that the high and low beams were reversed I realized GM not only switched the positive and negative feed wires for the lights but also the low and high beam connectors. They stayed with the same colors (yellow, green and white) but changed everything else around.