1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Halogens on a Smarthitch 1 V plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by diggerbauman, Dec 23, 2011.

1. diggerbauman

diggerbauman Junior Member

I am tired of the single, sealed beam headlights. I am not interested in purchasing a round bar frame to mount the new BOSS lights. The Hinikers use a 5 wire plug my plow has four wires. Can I combine the grounds? Any other suggestions to allow me to come out of the dark?

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Yep a ground is a ground

3. Mr. Mud

Mr. Mud Member

A few years back I updated my lights on my RT-2 to the new style by taking a 6" piece of exhaust pipe and welding a bolt to the bottom so it went in to where the old lights bolted in. Then I took muffler clams and welded one side to the bottom of a 1/4" plate steel the bolted to the bottom of the head lights and then clamped it on the 6" piece of pipe after I painted them. It gave me the side to side swivel plus the up down movement for adjusting them and sure gave me a lot better lighting. This is about the best picture I have remaining of the truck and plow. MUD

P3060025.jpg