1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hiniker good?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by bret10, Dec 16, 2011.

1. bret10

bret10 Junior Member
    from ohio

i am looking into putting a plow on my truck next year for myself. i was looking at a v plow and i might get. just seeing is its a good buy or should i go with boss. meyer or some other brand?

just a note: this isnt my first time plow i have been plowing for 6 years...
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

What are you using now? What dealers are in your area? What type of plowing, commercial or residential? And finally what plow do YOU like?

I like Fisher and Meyer, but this just my opinion.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Hiniker makes a fine plow and their Vee are well design and built. It could be an excellent choice. Is there a stocking dealer near you?
  4. bret10

bret10 Junior Member
    from ohio

yes i have a dealer 10 min from me. and i have used a snowdogg meyers and a western plow. and i do commercial and residentals. but mostly comercials. dealer near me is facklers. i am looking for a good v plow that is light and will do me a good job. i am planning on getting my own stuff next year to make a little more money. i was looking at a snowdogg v, my boss has one and says he loves it but i do like the trip egde the hiniker has. im just seeing if i can get some good reviews on v plows and hiniker so far is at the top of my list. i got a price for a hiniker and they say 7000 for a 8 6 v plow with wings. i thought that was a little pricey...

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

When did Hiniker start making wings?
  6. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

Yes, they are great. I love mine, especially the trip edge. I have a 8.5' poly v.