1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker full trip 8' plow true weight?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by topdj, Oct 19, 2009.

1. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I have this plow but the website says 614lbs and the owners manual says 747lbs
    that's a big difference, it cant be the truck mount since mine only weights about 65lbs
  2. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

is the owners manual an older edition maybe?
  3. topdj

topdj Senior Member

well I called Hiniker the 8 foot blade weight is 614lb, Plus the truck mount and wiring the harness is about 4lbs and my mount is about 60lbs some of the mounts are much heavier , So Im about 670lbs,
    they guy I spoke to said the 2500HD mount is almost 45lbs more hardware.
  4. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I had the same concern when I bought a used 7 1/2' straight blade with intentions of putting on 1/2 ton. The manual said 708 lbs but the website 603 lbs. Here is an excerpt from the email response I received from Hiniker a few years back:

The plow is the same model in the new literature as the plow you own. You are correct as the reason for the weight difference. We use to average our truck mount kits and add them to the plow weight, but we changed for a few
    reasons, the weight of different kits vary too much (some Ford kits are 140+
    lbs. and most GM kits are under 80 lbs.) also truck manufactures talk about
    permanent weight (mount kits) vs. detachable weight (plows) so it makes it
    easier for everyone to understand what permanently effects the truck.