1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker fork question

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by clap, Oct 2, 2014.

1. clap

clap Junior Member

I have a Hiniker 7' snow plow I put on my Durango that was only used about three times, it is about 4 years old. Is there anything I can do to beef up the forks so they do not snap off like I have read about. If I was to weld , say 1/8 to 1/4 inch plates on either side of the forks ( cut the same shape as forks) would there be enough room in the reciever for it to fit. Has anybody here done anything to add strength to there's if so what did you do and do you have any pic's Thanks much Clap Would like to get it ready for the up and comming winter

2. CamS

CamS Junior Member

They were only breaking with the really heavy plows and yours is just a little one so you dont need to worry about them breaking.

3. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member
    from Indiana

Where did you read that? I'm not aware of anyone using 7' Hiniker plows & having their forks snap off.

4. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

yes, I'd like to know where you heard this, please post any links or pics.

5. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  6. wenzelosllc

wenzelosllc Senior Member

I think it was only the quick hitch 1s but I could be wrong. Do you have rounded notches or square? Lighter plow shouldn't be a problem.

7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

This.........

8. clap

clap Junior Member

Not sure but I think they are the round ones