1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Electrical Issues

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by w6bauer, Jan 24, 2012.

1. w6bauer

w6bauer Junior Member
    from Indiana

Have a 94 F250 w 7'6" Hiniker straight blade giving me troubles. When I raise plow and then try to angle to the right the plow drops and will not angle to the right unless I click right again. Sometimes when trying to raise plow it will not raise but angles to the right...Sometimes the controller makes a clicking noise and plow does not move. Believe it is somewhere in the truck harness. I have a 01 Chevy 2500 with an 8' Hiniker C Plow. I switched the plow from the ford to the chevy and had no problems with it. Put the straight back on the ford and then took the C plow control from chevy and plugged it up to ford still the same symptoms. Swapped all relays and the solenoid, still no change. Crazy to me. Anyone have any ideas? Ive cleaned all terminals and applied dialectric compound to all electrical connections. Pissing me off about now. When I first bought the chevy with plow it was acting similar and ended up replacing entire truck harness. That cured it but cost a **** ton of money I no longer have since we have only used the trucks 2 times this season.

Thanks for any idears.....

Willy B