1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Electric Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Eronningen, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

Yes, I tried searching and had dismal results...
    I have been running gas spreaders since inception and have always made them work and have always got the job done. But there is always plenty of problems with the gas engine spreaders that I'm sick of.
    My question is this, are many of you guys running a spreader such as the Hiniker electric or an equal? If so, are you liking them over all? Comparision to the gas engine spreaders?
    Thanks so much in advance for your replies

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I have 2 smith electic spreaders that are at least 10 yrs old. Love em both have had them since new.
    I have since bought an ice o way and now a fisher stainless spreader and have converted them to electric.The Best salt v boxes in my opinion are electric in the 2 yd range.
    In fact in 05-06 I spoke with several v box manufactures about electric spreaders and most of them were very negative about electric drive.
    Just about all of them now have electric drive units