1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker drop speed

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Mater, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Mater

Mater Junior Member

I have searched and read a few threads on this, and there seems to be contradicting information.

Has anyone actually adjusted the drop speed on their Hiniker plow?
    If yes, please explain how.

FYI, mine drops pretty fast/hard. Its not really a problem, just would like to slow it down a little if possible.

Thanks, Mater

2. hinikersnowplow

hinikersnowplow Member
    from on aol

mine drop drops kinda fast , dealer say it is fine runs the hiniker 8 ft scoop plow xysport

3. NAH

NAH Junior Member

It's supposed to drop fast, that way you don't have to wait for it.

4. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Mine drops fast and then slows down just before it hits so it's soft and quite. But it came like that I didn't adjust it.

5. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Need to have the "DB" number off the top of your power unit assembly to tell you.

6. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Just what??????????????

7. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

There should be an adjustment quill. Look in your owner's manual. If you don't have one, you should be able to pull one up online.

8. Mater

Mater Junior Member

You are probably right for another brand, but not on Hiniker's. At least, not on either of the 2 I have owned.
    Thanks, Mater

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Hiniker, i guess its a good thing i never need to adjust/change mine...

The solution was to change the internal flow control. The part NO.#FC 1.7. Reduced the drop rate by approximately 25%.
    basically a different quill .