1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker D/A Series Cylinder?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by exmark1, Jan 19, 2012.

1. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 2007 model year Hiniker Dual Acting Cylinder 8'6" All Steel V-Plow my one wing cylinder is dripping out of the rod end where the cylinder is assembed at the end, It appears to be coming out of the cap on the end. Does anyone know what is in there O-Ring etc...? Can they be fixed or does the cylinder need to be replaced?

2. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

You can usually just tighten the packing a little, and it will stop leaking.

3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I know you can do that on the lift cylinder, that also works on the wing cylinders? They have a different end nut on them where the lift one has the 2 flat sides to turn a wrench to and the wing ones are just smooth... I just want to be sure before causing more issues later

4. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

I don't know for shure, I was assuming they were simmilar to the lift cylinder. Call your dealer, they should know, or call Hiniker directly 507-625-6621.

5. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

the angle cylinders would have a few o-rings and backup ring or two. seal kit would be a part number 25012088.
    hope that helps.