1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker, Curtis and Myers

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Grisi24, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

Hey there guys I have a question and I would love to see the discussions that will come out of it plus I want to think what everyone thinks of the equipment.

I have been speaking with a guy that I am forming a partnership with and we have the ability to get into installing Myers Curtis and Hiniker plows. I have the install experience with plow equipment and warning lights however I have never work with this plows or brands for that matter. My partner has had a Curtis plow for years and loves it but I am not sold fully yet.

In the area (ie less that 20 miles) we have a Boss, Fisher Blizzard.

I would love to do the installs but I just want everyone's opinion before I continue looking into it. We have a large three bay garage to work on the equipment and we both have been doing commercial snow removal for (myself 6 years and him 25 plus years)
  2. jdknight75

jdknight75 Senior Member

I have never worked with HIniker or curtis, but have installed meyer and westerns before. A new Myers ws the first thing i installed when I new nothing about them it was pretty easy so is western. I do like my myer plow it works good for me never had a bit of trouble. Cant say that for my western so In my opionion I would go for the meyer.
  3. B.Bells

B.Bells Senior Member

id have to agree there, i run 1 western and prefer my myers any day, hands down!:gunsfiring:
  4. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I have no experience with Curtis, However I find that Hiniker makes a better commercial grade plow compared to Meyer. IMO