1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker controll on a western?

Discussion in 'Universal PlowControls' started by Pro Lawn Care, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Pro Lawn Care

Pro Lawn Care Member

I really don't like any of the controllers available for my uni-mount there are all just too freekn big! I have used many hiniker plows and really like the size of the controller for the hini straight blade. I was wondering if it is possible to make it work on my western or has anyone been successful in the custom controller area? I would make one if I knew what exactly it needed to have to work anyone have any input?
  2. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

the question is not whether it will work or not; its just how complicated the wiring will be and whether western/hinker's wiring will match the controls on the other plow. if you cut and splice the wires it should work-especially if you have a diagram for both units. i just cut and spliced in an older control because i didn't like the touchpad the plow can with. I think it works better even though it isn't the 'new style' controller.:cool:
  3. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

Just to comment about Hiniker contoller. I always thought their controller looked cheesy compared to other brands. But after buying & using a Hiniker plow a few years. I really like it and think the thumb toggle is very intuitive & requires the least amount of work to use. No fatigue.