1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hiniker c plow

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by nac lawncare, Jan 7, 2010.

1. nac lawncare

nac lawncare Junior Member
    from ohio

Just wanted to reach out to you commercial guys and see if this hiniker c plow is worth the price. I was by the local dealer today and saw one work for the first time, and my jaw dropped. This is the sweetest piece of equiptment ive ever seen. I do about 15 residential driveways and 5 good size commercial lots. I guess what im asking is this a better plow to use or should I upgrade to a vplow. The dealer said it weighs about 800 lbs. Can a chevy k1500 support this monster or should I consider upgrading to a 3/4 ton? My Chevy does have heavy duty bilstein shocks and 30" bf goodrich. It handles a 7.5 western straight blade with no problem. Thanks for ur response.
  2. ernest

ernest Member

We used the C for the past 3 yr.s,really like it.When ther are heavy snow falls and large drifts the C does not do as nice a job as a good backblade.If you are going to pull up to a garage door and drop your v blade and backdrag - the c will blow it away for getting it down to the pavement & amount of snow it will pull back.We also boxed our ends in on the c and that really made a big diff. in pulling more snow.Make your own - Hinikers box ende are junk!! I have the Hin. V with a good backblade & love it .Its the perfect setup for Res. & Commercial. Not cheap though.
  3. ChicagoPlower

ChicagoPlower Senior Member

I've been on the fence on buying a c plow this year. Your comments are a big help. I was wondering, when you say backblade do you mean a back plow ( pull plow) or a blade mounted on the back of the plow? Thanks-