1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker C Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Pond & Patio, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Pond & Patio

Pond & Patio Junior Member

Have any of you have trouble with Hinkiker C Plows raising? I am on my 3rd Solenoid. 1 each season, 1st one went out 1 month after purchase! Is there something that could be causing this? The other times it just stopped working all together. This time it would act up and stop responding 3-4 hours into the night. This went on for about 4 nights. Last night it quit. I took the hoses off and there is no flow to the cylinder..

any suggestions? Or do I assume its the solenoid AGAIN! :mad:
  2. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

:gunsfiring: sounds like a solenoid again
  3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Are you talking about the motor solenoid or the solenoid coil on the valve? If your talking about the valve coil, try switching to one that has two terminals or leads, one is for the power in and the other goes to a good ground. Have tried this with a few hinikers and havnt had any problems with them burning out coils after that.
  4. Pond & Patio

Pond & Patio Junior Member

I'm talking about the valve... Thanks Crash, Ill try that...

ps...you guys need an icon with cash falling from a cloud!!
  5. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

had the same problem last year and it was a bad ground on the plow.