1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker c-plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jt5019, Aug 30, 2003.

1. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Anybody have experience with the hiniker c-plow?Last winter we had a couple larger storms and it was a hell of a time to clear out some of loading docks and backblade quite a few of our driveways.I was looking in grounds magazine and saw this hiniker plow.Looks like the perfect plow if you need to backblade but use it as a normal straight blade too_One thing that woried me was with all those extra moving parts its probably more likely to break down.Anyways it looks like an interesting concept and would be interested to hear and experiences with it. you can view it at www.hiniker.com just click the c-plow link

2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Perhaps you should consider looking at pull plow that is mounted on rear of your truck? Do a search, it has been discussed before. Plenty of info. there. Hiniker plows are not really popular and alot of people said they have problems with them.

3. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

The hiniker c-plow looks like a great plow for back blading. I got to see one up close at a dealer a while back and they look like a decent plow. I do not know of any one who has used one and ive only seen one or two mounted on trucks. I have heard of them not being very reliable although i have never used one. also consider a pull plow. try a search on the hiniker c-plow and see what it comes up with with:)

4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I have never seen one in use myself besides on video just thought it was catchy.We looked into pull plows but figured with spreader mounted in our pickup beds we probably couldnt mount one easily.We will be replacing one of our straight blade fisher plows with a fisher v this winter that should help with clearing some problems we had with piles.

5. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

You might want to hold on your Fisher straight plow. I heard that Power Scoop (manufacturer name) are in the process of making a set of wings that can be mounted on the plow shoe brackets. Then it become a pusher box which is supposely to be better than V plow.

6. EZSnow

EZSnow Senior Member

something I noticed...

I like my blade guides, I use my blade guides.
    The guides on the c-plow flop forward when in the backdrag position. I asked the Hiniker Rep about this, and how he reccommends getting close to a finished surface like a stained wood garage door or the like, he recommended simply removing the guides:eek: Not me.
    I'm not going to buy a hiniker, but I gave this some thought...
    Maybe someone can benefit from the ponderings that follow:
    1. some sort of pivoting, weighted mount. Guides stay up and useful even when in backdrag position.
    2. A rope, string, chain, bungee or cable that doesn't allow the sprung guides to travel forward beyond vertical. It would have to be limited to the proper length required to keep the guides vertical when in the backdrag postion.
    That might help with the guide "problem"

my $.02

7. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

from my understanding the main rod in the piano hinge is 3/8" thick, honestly do you believe something like that will last? I can take a 1' piece and bend it into a 90 deg angle without a problem.... it is your money;)

8. leprechaun_50

leprechaun_50 Member
    from SW Minn

While I don't do the amount of plowing that many others do I have owned a C-Plow for going on three years now. I have had zero problems and it back-drags great.

9. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I was worried about the same thing. Not sure which make, but there is a pull plow out there that will hook up with a spreader. If you like, send me a Private Message and I'll look it up. I just don't want to start a "brand war".

10. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I have been on plow site for a long time and I have only heard of two problems with hiniker plows. One is the paint the other had to do with the mast on there V plow. Compared to alote of brands that's not bad at all. I say try it. Or you can have a welder make a back drag blade up for your fisher as I did and it works great. One other option is to buy a western they make back drag blades for there plows now, check out there web site.

11. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Power Scoop

Stephen,
    Do you have any other info on the Power Scoop . A website maybe ,company address ? I want to check this product out when it is ready .

12. Chief Plow

Chief Plow Senior Member

I have no personal experience with them. But I did look at them on my new 350 last year. Personally I was not impressed, they look light and flimsy especially for the price tag.

My 2 cents
    Rick

13. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I was on website about a week ago that had a steel blade that hooked up to plows kinda like the new western back drag blade.(Cant seem to find the site now)they had a blade for almost every plow but fisher, they said they would soon.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2003
  14. slplow

JT, go to the search and look up ( are two edges better than one). You wiill see a pic of my back drag blade on one of my fishers. I paid around $200.for it to be made

15. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Thanks i checked it out.It looks like that could be very helpfull for our truck that does driveways.I found a site that sells a blade similar to that but not for fishers yet..It has a video that shows how it works seems to do a good job.http://www.cgaenterprises.com/how.html

Last edited: Sep 2, 2003
  16. slplow

Jt, If you are want to take a drive to MA. My welder has back dragers ready to go.