1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Backdrag Edge

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Joe Snow, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

Is there anyone that makes / supplies / sells a backdrag edge for a Hiniker straight plow (8ft)? Okay, I know some are going to reply and say "Yeah, it's called the C-Plow". That's not what I'm looking for... y'all know what I mean :)

:waving:

2. timtpa

timtpa Member

3. Mike W

Mike W Junior Member

That won't work on a trip edge:realmad: I've been looking also and don't see anything.

4. fowlhunter8

fowlhunter8 Junior Member

i dont get it

why wont that work on the hinikers i have been looking for something like that i have a striaght a c and a v i would actually like to get one for each at least something similar
    why wont that work for a steel blade hiniker ?
    Randy

5. MRHORSEPOWER1

MRHORSEPOWER1 Member

Back Drag Edge

Hi, I'm new to this website. Just started. I noticed that you are looking for back drag edge for your plow. I just bought one for my hiniker 7'6" straight blade. it's a bolt on easily but the only problem is that you'll have to take time and adjust it up & down to make sure both front and rear cutting edge are flushed to the ground evenly. The back drag edge has oval slots on them where you can easily adjust up and down.

Go to website www.backdragsnow.com They have back drag edge for straight blade hiniker plows. They're good, thick, and heavy. I wish I have picture of mine to show to you. Hope this helps. Good luck!

6. MRHORSEPOWER1

MRHORSEPOWER1 Member

Oh by the way I forgot that it won't work on trip-edge hiniker straight blades. That sucks!

7. topdj

topdj Senior Member

look like you have to drill your own holes :O I don't have time for that

8. topdj

topdj Senior Member

did anyone get one of these on a Hiniker and how did it work? Im been contemplating getting a new C but heck my 8 is only a couple years old and I might take a beating on trade

9. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

I have one from backdragsnow.com on my 8' full trip Hiniker. Installs easily without drilling. The oval holes allow you to slide it up and down so it and the front cutting both touch the ground.

It works okay, but it still is not great. I probably will buy one again when I change edges.

10. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I wished they worked better I have drives I could use it on, but Im almost thinking I should have got a v plow or a c

11. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

If you have alot of backdragging to do the c plow is definately the way to go. I don't think the v plows backdrag any better than the straight plows.