1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HINIKER atv trailer

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by hondarecon4435, Jan 2, 2009.

1. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

anyone seen the HINIKER dualtrak atv trailer seems like a good idea. holds 2 atv's for transport on the road and then converts to a utility trailer to pull with the atv. i think i may try to build one of these.

2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

they are a nice looking unit, I found there web page a while ago at,
    http://www.dualtracktrailer.com/
    did some searching for a price and found one at $1,800.00 don't know for sure how close it is to the actual but for that amount I can buy a nice 2 place to pull behind my truck and then leave a small Trailer where I'm going to pull behind the ATV.

but for an all in 1 unit it seem's pretty well thougth out and designed.

just my thoughts

sublime out.

3. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

Lime, I use a Polar Tub with side extentions for a pull behind on my acrage, hauls a lot of dirt or anything I haul and even dumps it, the tub is just about indestructable, for hauling machines I have a 14 ft Triton aluminum with fold down ramp.:D:D:D

4. sublime68charge

here's a pic of my wood hauling trailer. Got it for FREE on the road side and have maybe $50 in parts into it. Put on a 2" Ball hitch and had to rework some of the floor and a broken Spring but been trouble free the last 2 years.

[​IMG]

and here's a pic of my 2 quads on my double place trailer.

DSCN0288.jpg

not the best pick but its what I got.

sublime out.

DSCN0288.jpg

5. hondarecon4435

interesting tie down method do they not move side to side?

6. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice Idea !!! Better keep all those sliders lubed up .....

7. sublime68charge

nope no side to side movement on them.

I also run a ratchet strap on the back end of both, I hook into the Rear Tow loop and then run down to the loop on the rear of the trailer over to the other rear trailer loop and then back up to the other coresponding quad and tighten it up good and have had no problems so far.
    there is a little bit of a lip on the side's the trailer also so they wont slide off the trailer sideway's.

The Front was made for the fact that I got tired of doing mutiple Ratchet straps to load the quads' and many times I had to load them both by myself the Wife's not a big fan of driving up onto the trailer when she hasn't rode the quad in a while. After a day of riding she's fine with it but to drive around the yard and up on the trailer she's not very receptive to that. So to load by myself was an adventure drive on up. Hope you had enough Brakes and traction that the ATV stayed put on the trailer and then drive the other up.
    so now its drive 1 up and foward enough that the trailer tilts level hook in front chain leave brakes off then stand on back of trailer to tilt down again. Set Brakes, "Very important step" driven 2nd ATV on the trailer tilt down level, chain the front put in holding pin on trailer and then ratchet strap down the rear of the quads and ready to go.
    simple and easy and done in 5 minutes.

sublime out.

8. hondarecon4435

i like that idea i may give it a try. i usually just put 2 heavy duty ratchet straps on the front and back of atv which is time consuming your idea seems much faster.