1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Angle problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by In water pools, Dec 3, 2015.

1. In water pools

In water pools Junior Member

I have a 1995 hiniker 7'-6" plow. It would not angle left or right but the pump runs. I have had headlight issues for the last couple of years as well. I decided replace the entire wiring harness which fixed all my head light problems but plow still won't angle left and right. Both left and right values are getting power to them. I have also taken apart both left and right valves to make sure the pin was not sticking and valves are rust free. Does anyone have any other ideas to help resolve this issue?
    Thanks!

2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

It is likely that the turn cylinders are rusted in place. Take the hoses off to be sure that there is fluid going to each cylinder when the function is performed. If there is fluid then keep both hoses off and try to manually move the blade side to side. If it will not move then you will have to disassemble and clean or replace the cylinders.

3. In water pools

I think I've eliminated everything else. I ll try that tomorrow.
    Thanks!

4. In water pools

I disconnected hoses going to angle cylinders. The plow moves left and right perfectly fine. When I try to move left and right from joystick no fluid is pumping out of either hose but pump is running. Both left and right siloniods are magnetized when each one is turned on. Could something be stuck in the hydrolic junction box mounted on the top of the pump?

5. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

If the motor runs and no fluid comes out of the turn cylinder hoses, the plow should be raising. That's what a Hiniker will do if you do not activate any coils. If it is not raising The system is likely not building pressure for some reason. Check to be sure you can make the system pump fluid and that the float valve is not getting power when other functions are performed.

6. In water pools

I figured it out! I took out both coils and the angle valves. On the inside of the valve body I pushed in on that piston thats on both sides. I seemed to be slightly hung up. I put everything back together and it all works perfect.