1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker advice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ScottyB., Nov 11, 2001.

1. ScottyB.

ScottyB. Member

I may have come across a deal on a 3 yr old Hiniker 8' Straight. I have a '86 F250 and I am wondering what I can expect to pay for a mounting kit since the plow is off of an '98 Chevy. Does Hiniker have mounts for an older truck like this?
    Any hints on finding one?
    The plow has been stored inside and appears to be in great shape. I am new to plowing and don't know much about Hiniker. Any advice?
    This will be for personal use plus one or two driveways.
    Thanks,
    Scotty B.
    Go Pack Go

2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

From a local dealer I have heard that Hinkers are much improved. For the older years though I would be careful. People on this site will attest to them not honoring warranties. Personally I would only get a used blade if I had a dealer nearby to purchase parts from.

4. outsidepride

outsidepride Junior Member

I have a hiniker c plow for four years now and never one stitch of trouble just bought a hiniker v plow this year for the other truck. :) These people who have warranty issues why does the dealer not help out?

5. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

have owned a comm. hiniker 8ft. since 97. rebuilt the motor 4 years ago. has run well overall. it's on a 97 ford, so you should be able to find a mount. be carefull, these older models are not very heavy duty.

6. LBailey

LBailey Junior Member

I have four 8 ft Hinikers and never had a problem with any of them.

7. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Got any pics. I've thought of getting either a Hiniker or a Western for my HD.
    Thanks

William

8. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

OK I could see maybe responding to something 1 year old but come on more then 3 years. The situation is long gone. So please don't start posting on really really old threads. :salute: .02

O and I would also like to see some pics, but on a new thread. :waving:

9. LBailey

LBailey Junior Member

OK I did not know all the special rules? I will Take some pics tomorow and post them on a diffrent thread.