1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker 9850 power unit

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by JJ White, Feb 22, 2015.

1. JJ White

JJ White Junior Member

Hello, I'm operating a Hiniker 9850 V plow with S203T 5051 power unit. The power unit pump now runs continuously (never stops unless I pull 2 conductor power cable), all functions of the plow Up/down/V/Sc work as per normal however the damn pump wont shut off, causing extreme voltage drop. Does this sound like a solenoid, a relief valve, or possibly a blown O ring somewhere? The fluid is good, and a cursary check of the wires didn't reveal any loose connectors or worn/exposed wires. Any ideas, or possible starting points before I start ripping parts off? Thanks

Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 3.58.24 PM.jpg
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I can't speak specifically for Hiniker plows but when my Western MVP ran continuously it was due to a faulty solenoid. I stuck a new one on and haven't had any trouble since.
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Well that was helpful as its not a western...

I actually have a Hiniker

Another thing you could take a look at is the solenoid under the hood.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The solenoid sounds like it's the culprit
  5. CamS

CamS Junior Member

My plow did the same thing just replace the solenoid under the hood and you will be good.
  6. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Most likely it is the solenoid. You could take the control wires off the solenoid and then plug it back in. If the pump still runs the solenoid is bad. If it does not run you have a control problem.