1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hiniker 8 scoop plow cutting egde

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by hinikersnowplow, Dec 7, 2008.

1. hinikersnowplow

hinikersnowplow Member
    from on aol

any1 having trouble with cutting egde wearing down fast ??? it not worth no 316 buck for new cutting edges for the 8ft scoop plow . i thought about going out to the metal shop and get material and make my own cutting edges .
  2. ernest

ernest Member

Cutting edge

We had to replace the cutting edge on our 1 year old C plow - the top edge. On my 1 year
    old V plow the edge is looking real good.I'm with you though, too expensive to replace that often.Seems like we should be able to find harder steel & make our own.Just another note - we boxed in our C plow with Hinikers kit - Waste of money - make your own.We do
    love their plows though.Can the Scoop out plow the V plow ? How do you like the scoop ?
    I'm wondering if we should of got that plow.I like our C & V plows - we can get right up to
    garage doors & back drag . Can you with the Scoop - because of the angle.Los of info.
    for 1 question - sorry.
  3. hinikersnowplow

hinikersnowplow Member
    from on aol

i have out plowed the v plows 35% . i love the scoop compare to the straight blades and v 's . gathers more snow . make lots of passes at plow at angle and no spillage till about 15 ft from the end of lots then i angle agian to plow the spillage on the ends. is alot faster than the straights . as for getting to the doors yes i can. i can get 80 % of the snow in front of doors . as i back drag away from doors i will start angling the blade as i back up . i never had any breakdowns so far with this plow for the second year . been plowing 5years . 3 years with hiniker straight blade till i crash the plow . still have the pump off of it as back up for the scoop . any question let me know
  4. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

Is it wearing evenly, straight across the whole blade or is it thicker in the middle and seems to be wearing more at the outer edges (kind of like a smile)? I had a geometry issue where the mount was too high causing the blade to wear more at the ends when angled. Larger tires and a spring lift caused the change in height. I lowered the mount to a set of bolt holes that got the blade back down to a level position. See a dealer if you think you need to.
  5. hinikersnowplow

hinikersnowplow Member
    from on aol

right the outer edges are wearing down faster than middle one . the tires that are standard. will lowering the mount down help get the center peice evened out with the outer . egdesussmileyflag