1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker 8' electric ss Vbox Spreader/opinons Adjustments?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Twilight59y, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Twilight59y

Twilight59y Junior Member

Hello new to the forum had some questions, anyone using a hinker model 835 electric Vbox spreader any advice on adjustments such as inverted v adjustment inside spreader, flow control gate in rear of spreader,we use bulk salt. Any problems to watch out for any and all help would be appreciated.

2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Yes ... these units are new this year. Anyone running the electrics please chime in. The gas units are GREAT! so this is a terrific idea for a thread.

3. Twilight59y

Twilight59y Junior Member

I guess I should of said that I am running a Hiniker Electric Vbox this year the only problem that I have encountered so far is that I doesn't like wet salt,but which one does,we had salt left over from last year that was covered but it may have been very damp. The control box kept shutting down the conveyor drive because of high load,but we have replaced the old salt with fresh and seems like everything is working OK. I was seeing if anyone had any input on fine tuning,inverted v setting,flow control gate settings. So far the only thing that I don't care for is when it starts both the conveyor and spinner go to full power for a few seconds on start up,any advice on how to deal with this,sometimes we have to salt when our commercial accounts are open and this gets a little dicey around their customers cars.

thanks

4. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

its an old thread but any fresh input on these units?

5. r.renterprises

r.renterprises Member

Im on my second year running one of these and I gotta say it is a really nice unit only ever had sno way gas units before. I didnt adjust anything from the factory just use it. Sents the apron and spinner have separate speed controls no reason to adjust. I run bulk salt and some times salt sand mix. I also not a big fan of the full speed on start up so I try to plan were I can start it so it doesn't cause issues with pedestrians