1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker 8.5 V

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by RoyBoy, Nov 5, 2009.

1. RoyBoy

RoyBoy Junior Member

Hey guys I found a used Hiniker 8.5 V at a local dealer, came off an 04 Ford, so everything is there for my truck. They think it's around 5 years old. Wondered if there was anything in particular to look for on these, I read about the mount fork issue, but anything other than that? They are asking $2900. Let me know what you think. Thanks

hinker plow.jpg
    hinker plow2.jpg

hinker plow.jpg

hinker plow2.jpg
  2. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Other than paint, it looks to be in order. I'd offer him considerably less than the 2,900 he's asking though. What dealership is that? Looks like they've got quite a few used plows for sale. Do they have a web-site?
  3. RoyBoy

RoyBoy Junior Member

They are a local Ford dealer that sells a few lines of plows. They had a couple other used ones that sold in the last few days. This one was on a traded truck that sold without the plow.
  4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Worth $2000.00 AT BEST! Check the A-Frame toward the front below the adjustment jam nut. We have had issues with the cracking there over the past winter from stacking snow.

Also I would check the welds on the V-tower to be sure they are not pulling apart.

That plow is all of 5 years if not older do to the fact it does not have the Dual Acting cylinders. I think they came out in 2005