1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hiniker 7 1/2 conv or snowdogg vmd75

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mogeekn, Nov 13, 2011.

1. mogeekn

mogeekn Junior Member

I have a 96 chevy 1500 ext cab, long box. done some homework and have narrowed it down to the hiniker 7 1/2" conventional full trip, or the snowdogg vmd75 (their 1/2 ton v-plow). v plow is 100lbs heavier and $400 more. what would you go with and why?

2. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I would go with the v plow. I have never ran either of the brands you have listed, I am just speaking from a v-plow vs. straight plow opinion. 100lbs is not much more weight and you will love the v plow. IMO a v plow is the all around best plow for plowing a variety of lots. It offers everything a straight blade does, but with the option to scoop for long pushes in commercial lots, or the option to put it in v and bust through drifts on big residential. In the end it is up to you, but I think most will agree that a v-plow is the best plow for doing a variety of accounts. Now if you were talking strictly commercial, then maybe a scoop plow such as a Western Wideout or Blizzard Power Plow would be best, but that is a whole new topic.

3. mogeekn

mogeekn Junior Member

yep i went w/the v plow, getting installed as we speak

4. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

pics PLEASE im seriously thinking of this plow and SOON. but still need pics thanks!!

5. mogeekn

mogeekn Junior Member

as soon as i get it back ill post some pics

6. mogeekn

mogeekn Junior Member

7. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Looks good. Looks like you might want to crank the t bars a little and add timbrens. Looks as though the blade hangs a little low. Good luck with your purchase.

8. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

HUUUUUUGE favor :laughing: . can you get a couple more pics? if not no worries just wanting to see the blade straight and in the air from a side and front shot. and in scoop position from the front in the air and from the side shots as well. sorry for the request just trying to get all kinds of info on this... Thumbs Up thanks bro and keep us updated this year! sweeeeet looking setup

9. mogeekn

mogeekn Junior Member

I had timbrens installed with the plow, and the pictures from the shop were taken as he was getting his impact to crank in the torsion bolts. we screwed them in about an inch and made a huge diifference. unhooked the plow this morning and drove the truck, wow , What a difference, felt higher up from the adjustment and a bit bumpier.