1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hiniker 2851 fluid drained out, now only angles to one side

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by foxhallfred, Sep 10, 2014.

1. foxhallfred

foxhallfred Junior Member

How do I balance the system back out. Also... cant find parts for 2851 on website??

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Air lock in the system

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Crack the hoses lose and bleed the air.

4. foxhallfred

Thanks

Can you tell me how to "Crack the hoses and bleed the air"? I know, I am not very exp with these things and I prob seem like a DA... but ...

5. dieselss

Jack up the plow a little bit. Loosen the hydro hose going to the angle cylinders. Move plow side to side by hand, see how much air is coming out. Tighten hoses, then try the plow controls side to side. Adding fluid as needed

6. foxhallfred

thanks

Is it best to loosen hydro hose on the angle cylinder end, or plow end? It is stuck to the right at this point. Also... this plow needs a new edge, where can I get one and how much should I expect to pay? Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.

7. dieselss

I usually did it at the pump
    Dealer or internet search

8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

This.......

9. foxhallfred

This..... ?

Yeah I tried multiple internet and dealer searches... gave no tutorial, or indication, thus I thought I would ask. Snow Guy... what does This... mean ??? I have NEVER owned a Hiniker Plow, and I am not the most mechanically inclined person in the first place. Again.. I am very aware I am a DA when it comes to this stuff so ... I apologize..; However, your info is very helpful. Thanks and God bless.

10. dieselss

are you positive its a 2851? I can find a 2853 on there website.
    also have you looked on hinikers website?