1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hinged back-drag fro PRO-PLUS..

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dissociative, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

ok guys..i have 2 8' cutting edges...1/2" thick..brand new...any ideas or help in designing a hinged back drag for my PRO-PLUS would be great...any ideas or better yet some pictures...i searched but found a lot of fisher stuff....i have basic knowledge...but i needed input if anyone had it..

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't bother. The proplus just because of its weight, backdrags better than most plows. The only reason why fisher needs one is when the plow has both front cutting edges, the psi on the cutting edge is reduced along with having a 60 degree cutting edge angle. Which makes it ride up over the snow when back dragging.
  3. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

I have made about 7 hinged backdrag blades for the guy I sub to. The way I did it was welded about 4 pieces of 1 1/2 x 1/2 flat stock, I didn't go all the way to the bottom of the edge (I think I left it about 3" short), in the top of the flats I drilled a offset hole twords the truck. I spaced the flats out as evenly as I could. I then used 2 pieces of 1 1/2 x 3/8 angle (per flat) to make the pivot. I welded them to the plow (I didn't want to since it was new, but he did...you could also bolt them) I saw them work....they worked pretty slick.