1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Highway Spreader.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JD PLOWER, Dec 3, 2001.

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Called a local truck outfitter today and asked about prices for a MP Highway, 1.8yd, stainless with the propac (honda engine) and was quoted $5200 and change (plus 400 for install :eek: ). I have a couple questions, first does this seem high for this unit, (the install seems absurd) second does anbody know of a Highway dealer in New Hampshire (no sales tax). Thanks for any replies.
  2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Skip the gas models and go to CUES in NH, and get a smith all stainless electric model. The cost will be about 2K less and no gas engines to worry about ever. Even with honda power, the electric unit is better.
  3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I don't know about the hiway, but there isn't much to the install on a Torwell, if you know basic wiring you can do it yourself. I transferred mine from one truck to another in a couple hours.
  4. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Call EW Sleeper in Concord,NH . (800) 358-6007 or (603) 225-7711. they sell highway spreaders,swaploaders, larochelle snow removal equipment. to quote a price in an ad from september, they had a 1.7yrd highway MP 10hp tecumseh $2,995 cash and carry, reg steel.

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Pelican I now do plan on installing one myself (if it was 100-150 I would let them do it) I installed my warren when new and it was pretty easy. What I don't understand is why its about $300 to install a plow and $400 to install a spreader? It shouldn't take an experienced installer more than one to two hours TOPS to install a spreader on a pickup. This guy is known to be on the high end when it comes to prices but this seems nuts :mad: .

EDIT: Thanks snow for the heads up on the spreader!
  6. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I would love to install spreaders all day compared to doing a plow. Connect the wires, grease and strap it down. Fill the engine with oil and gas, connect the battery and you are done.

I would go with Dino on this one though:eek: I am leaning towards going to stainless electrics as my gassers wear out.