1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Highway Plow Trucks

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 77gmcserria, Jul 25, 2009.

1. 77gmcserria

77gmcserria Member
    from N/A

I was just woundering what you guys use to plow for MassHighway?

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Do a search, not only here but google, I know contractors had some issues with getting paid in Mass. For government work you can request copies of past bids (with results) at any time most likely it will specify type of truck (GVW) and type of plow/salter. They may charge you for the copies (couple bucks) well worth it, I have looked at some bids, they were getting them done for less than I pay my subs.

3. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

4. 77gmcserria

77gmcserria Member
    from N/A

Thanks. I was actually woundering if there was a year minium or something like that, like the older Oshkosh and FWD trucks. I know how they pay you and stuff like that I have all of that info.

5. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Like I said, I don't plow for the state, but I do for my town. My town's "packet" says "late-model truck". Talk about open to interpretation. Whatever area of the state you'll be working has it's own "pit", or depot. I've heard that the "pitboss" has lots to do with who and what plows in his area. This is all just rumor and speculation on my part, but it's what I've heard.

If you aren't already, I'd join up with the MSICA http://www.masnowfighters.com/

They are in the inner circle, and can probably help you better than I can.