1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Highlighter LED $199.95

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Ultra Strobe, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Ultra Strobe

Ultra Strobe Member

Federal Signal Highlighter LED on sale until December 22th for $199.95 for permanent mount, $209.95 for mag mount and also available in Amber or clear dome. Give us a call @877-287-4148, local at 815-479-1717 or visit our ad on plowsite.

www.ultrastrobe.com

LEDHighLighters.jpg

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Are they only available in amber? I told my boss about your sale. Last i knew he wanted 3 clears with amber and a clear with red. But I am not sure, that was last fall.

3. Ultra Strobe

Ultra Strobe Member

Thank you for the referral, your boss gave us a call yesterday, and ordered a lightbar.

4. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

I love mine. DO they make a full size version of these?

5. Ultra Strobe

Ultra Strobe Member

They make a full sized version, but it is called a Legend. We'll give you a call.

6. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Still don't have mine up on the truck but just a shout out to Ultra strobe, anyone thinking of ordering from them do it you won't regret it.. great people and one heck of a price!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  7. Ultra Strobe

Ultra Strobe Member

Thanks for the "props"! As always, we appriciate the business. If you need any help when you finally install the bar just give us a call, always glad to help! FYI the special on this bar is only good till the 22nd of December.

8. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

How would this light compare to the Whelen Responder LED (R2LP or R1) ... quality, brightness in daytime, reliability, etc?
    And do/would you ship to Ontario, Canada by USPS (UPS charges ridiculous brokerage fees)? Are the lights made in North America so there is no duty?
    thanks

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  9. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

These lights are a little better then Whelens Responders. You would have to get the linear responder to come close. The Highlighters wraps around the corner, where as the Whelen is directional. They are just as bright, if not brighter and you change the pattern with a magnet by touching the top of the bar at a spot on the one corner. I have had one since 2007 and love it. My light is clear dome with amber lights.

10. changexlt

changexlt Junior Member
    from ND

I have to say that, I disagree about the highlighter being bright. I'm been looking at lights, for a few years from a road construction point of view.

My forman has a Whelen Responder LP with con3's. I'd say that thing is stupid bright. A contractor that we work with has a Federal Signal Highlighter. There was no comparison during bright daylight. The highlighter looked like a candle compared to the responder. I can't recomend a highlighter from what I saw this summer.

11. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Not to kill this guy as my buddy bought a highlighter from him and he was great to deal with BUTTTT they blow during the day. It was a joke....at night though it is damn bright.

12. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Are these the fully populated model or the economy with fewer LEDs? Both are very good but I too think the responder is a better unit and when mounted up high gives a bit better light spread. We sell both units.

13. Ultra Strobe

Ultra Strobe Member

When it comes to brightness, we believe it is a matter of personal preference. We have customers that still think good old rotators are brighter than LED's! Both manufactures are very reliable and are backed by a five year warranty on parts, and one year labor. They are made in the US and we will ship to Canada. We also offer both manufacturers products, it's just that Federal Signal is offering a special on it's economy Highlighter. The economy model has two less LED's, no magnet included, and does not have the circuitry to sync multiple lightbars. Feel free to visit our website for product details.

14. Remmy

Remmy Junior Member
    from Alaska

Seriously?? Don't you think it's a bit much to come on another sponsor's thread and promote your company.

Just sayin.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  15. Indy

Indy Senior Member

pump the brakes there Remmy.

strobesnmore has only done about a billion dollars worth of busisness with people on this site, it's a forum open for everybody.:salute:

16. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

again not to attack you in any way, but in broad daylight these things blow.

17. Remmy

Remmy Junior Member
    from Alaska

I don't doubt that at all. In fact I've done business with Strobes N' More and they seem like a great company.

Just doesn't seem necessary to me to jump on another sponsors thread to promote the competitions business. ;)