1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

High Tech Snow Pushers

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by creativedesigns, Feb 11, 2008.

1. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Does anyone know what differences the Machinability pushers have over the Avalanche pushers? Which one comes recomended?

JD, you mentioned something about these awhile back, can you re-cap! Thanks:salute:

snow pusher.jpg

tractor pusher.jpg

backhoe1.jpg

2. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

thats awsome buy i would think it would take a wile to know how to use the controls to it

3. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

thats a pretty sweet plow. I would guess that those wing hydraulically open wider? nice.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Horst makes a blade the same as that but alot cheaper. The Avalanche is a straight pusher where the other blade goes from a 12 ft pusher to a 18 ft angle blade. Those blades are one of the most productive blades made. If I buy another blade it will be one like that but a Horst. Machineability makes a really good blade but they are really expensive. Storm also makes a really good wing blade too.

5. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

That is cool, it must be nice to be able to use those wings hydraulically.

6. Bill Rowe

Bill Rowe Member

Creative......
    If you want a good plow, go with the Horst Wing Blade. We have 3 of them now on New Holland T6020's. We looked at Storm, Machinability and Horst, we found Horst to be the best, because of price and design - quality built units. They are actually easy to operate and our guys love them! They easily out plow our loaders with plows.The fact their built not far from us is nice also, Horst also takes customer comments and uses it to improve their product.

www.snowman.ca

7. creativedesigns

Looks like the Horst 4000 series with the hydraulic wings is the best buy! SOLD!tymusic
    Now I gotta make my way to Listowell next fall!

8. Misch-Rman

Misch-Rman Member

thats cool as hell

9. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

You got that right

10. pusher21

pusher21 Member

what kind of money will the horst run you?

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

A 12ft box 18ft open is around $10,000, plus the harness which is $3,365. I can install one for you for that price. There is 5 different sizes, I'm just giving you an idea. You also need 4 remotes or 2 remotes and a loader controller.

12. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I'm pricing some horst plows here in Quebec. I will compare it with 3 companies from here. EDF, SSTA, and Coté. I will post the prices next week.

13. creativedesigns

Here's the Horst 4000 series. I wonder if the hydraulic sides act as side plates or just extensions to the plow like the machinability ones?

horst.jpg

14. creativedesigns

The machinability sidewing plow fully extended, & when you fold the wings back they act as side plates. Does the Horst 4000 series do the same thing?

sidewing.jpg

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The Horst 4000 snow wing does.