1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

high pitched sdreaming noise some times?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 00bluegtp, Jan 8, 2011.

1. 00bluegtp

00bluegtp Member

I get this high pitched noise somtimes while going left to right or up and down on my mm2 anyone have any ideas? Almost like the pump running out of fluid.

2. jaybird

jaybird Member

the fluid could be freezing up. but most times ive come across is the motor armeture rides in a copper or bronze bushing that is in the manifold, when the bushing is worn you will get a high screech or a grinding noise depending on how worn it is? if the bushing is worn the armeture doesnt spin smoothly it will rattle side to side causing it to move slower and harder. if this is the problem part #64596-1 its about 6-7 bucks

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Shouldn't do it in the down position.

4. jaybird

jaybird Member

hes right shouldnt do that in down position cause motor doesnt spin

5. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Mine does the same thing, no down though. I will look into getting that part and cleaning things up in there.

6. 06Sierra

from Maine

7. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

A friend of mine ran into that problem and replaced the bearing and hasen't had a problem since

8. 06Sierra

from Maine

How much of a job is it to replace?

9. jaybird

jaybird Member

you have to unbolt the motor pull it off in 1 piece. when you do that youll be able to see the bushing

10. 00bluegtp

00bluegtp Member

Correct it doesnt do it i the down position. only left right and up. Only some times. Do I have to remove the motor? Or can i replace it while the motor is on the plow?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  11. jaybird

jaybird Member

you have to remove the motor

12. 00bluegtp

00bluegtp Member

I got it repaired yesterday at the fisher dealer down the street while i waited for 42 dollars. It wasnt even worth me messing with specially with the upcoming 20" of snow again. ahhhh

13. 06Sierra

from Maine

Just ordered the kit-4 bucks for it.