1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

High low beams dont work? Only truck headlights

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by hinikerf250, Dec 25, 2007.

1. hinikerf250

hinikerf250 Junior Member

I have a newer hiniker scoop plow on my f250 and the highbeams went out and low beams went out a week later. I have been just using my truck headlights, My signals work and my orange marker lights are on. I bought 3 new relays and put them in checking fuses, wiring seems fine. The switch on the joystick controller I believe is good because it will switch from truck headlights to nothing but orange marker lights on the plow so leads me believe joystick controller is fine? Could the headlights be bad already?

2. torquet

torquet Junior Member

I had to replace my headlights this year also. plow is only 2 years or so old. Just take one out and go to auto zone, etc. make sure you look at the plug on the back, I didn't pay attention and had to go back.

3. DUMZ

DUMZ Senior Member

Seem odd that both would go out at same time... Did you check all the connections?? I put dielectric grease in every conection. I've never had any problems.

4. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

I 2nd that.:nod:

5. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

use a test light and see if you are getting power to your lights then you can work backwards from there if no power. If there is power to the lights you can pull the headlamp and hook wires from the battery to the bulb to test the bulb.