1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

High Demand for snow throwers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SNOBLOMAN, Jan 1, 2004.

SNOBLOMAN Junior Member

Is it me or is there a severe demand for snow throwers this year. My Toro has been slowly going down hill the past few years so I decided to replace it. Went to 3 local dealers to pick up a new Ariens 1128 or 1332 DLE and all said that I would be lucky to find one on the planet. :realmad: So I guess im gonna have to baby my Toro while cleaning 8 accounts each storm. So far in two storms, Ive already burned a quart of oil through it. If anyone knows of a Professional Model Ariens for sale let me know!
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

SNOBLOMAN, have you tried Home Depot in Augusta?

SNOBLOMAN Junior Member

No, I havent. I went to the one in Auburn but all they had was one 5hp. Also not sure if they sell the Professional models there.
  4. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

They are out there, you just got to keep looking. We needed to replace one of our snow blowers this month and were told the same thing, and we went to about 6 different places and ended up getting one Ariens 1336, it is the third one we have, they are awsome units nothing stops them. So good luck and just keep looking you will find one. Just my two cents

SNOBLOMAN Junior Member

How does the Electric chute work on the 1336? Does it seem cheasy at all, or just something to break?? I might be able to get my hands on one. Not sure though. If you see one around, me let me know. Im willing to travel.
  6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

7. Snow Cat

Snow Cat Junior Member

Whats the big difference between the deluxe models and the professional ones?

Hope the prices on the Ariens web site are allot higher than at the depot. :eek:

They only had two at the Depot one little one and a bigger pro model.Didn't have time to stop and check them out.Kinda of a fly by,oooo thats a nice one.LOL
  8. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

Try a Honda, ya can't go wrong. I own two, they always start, 4 stroke motor means no mixing gas and oil. The 520A only weights 3 pounds more than the Toro 650. Plus the Honda is alot quieter than a Toro.
  9. Tosh

Tosh Member

Ariens 1332 DLE Available on Ebay

I don't know whether you like buying on Ebay, but a Midwest power equipment dealer has 4 Ariens 1332 DLE throwers up for sale. $1900 Buy It Now price with another $250 for shipping. I don't know the snowblower market, so I'm not sure if this is a fair price. Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4346958622&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT The seller looks to be an authorized dealer of many high end equipment manufacturers and has an excellent Ebay rating.

10. Snow Cat

Snow Cat Junior Member

They look rather flimsy.Small wheels and handle.

You use these for commercial?Just curious not picking on it.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  11. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Check out Ariens website and give them a call. Ask them for the dealer nearest you that has the model you are looking for in stock. :nod:
  12. Snow Cat

Snow Cat Junior Member

I was curious the dif between the deluxe and pro models.Might you have some insight? :)
  13. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

try russo power equipment in chicago. they have a website, with there phone number. toro, ariens - they carry many brands and have a huge business. i ordered seven toro 3650's this year and had them two days later.
  14. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

Use them commercial all the time. Wheels and handel never an issue. The shute is metal un like Toro's plastic.. I buy them for the engine. Toro engine have had carb issues in the past with the carb sucking in pouder snow and stalling the engine. Their fix is a rubber sheild to cover the plastic carb. :eek: Toro uses lawn boy engines now, not Techomsey, since they bought out the lawn boy engine factory factory. I was told this by my local dealer.
    Honda engines are the best small engine out there hands down. If it came down to it I'd rather buy a few sets of wheels than engine or a new blower.
    I also own trash pumps and genorators made buy Honda that are still running strong and still used in my construction Co.
  15. Toby

Toby Senior Member
    from NY

Believe it or Not the MTD 2 Stagers Throw Snow Much Better & are Much Easier to Maneuver than the Ariens or the Old Toro PowerShifts & PowerCurves.

But Personally I won't Buy anything but Toro Snow Commanders or 3650's Now.