1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

High Beams only

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Bord, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Bord

Bord Junior Member

Hello. I am new to the site, but it seems like a great resource for information. I've searched, but cannot find an answer to my question. Here goes... I bought an 05 8' Pro and mounted it on a 95 diesel suburban. The harness that came with it is from an 01 Chevy. Everything plugs in fine, but the harness is for a vehicle with Daytime Running Lights, and I was hoping I could adapt it to use without DRL's. Everything works perfect, but the plow headlights will only work with the high beams on. When I switch to low beams, the light turn off (running lights and turn signals work fine!) I was hoping that I would not have to buy a new harness. Can this one be used somehow? I guess I could just run on high beams all of the time and ange the lights down more, but I would like to get them working correctly if possible.