1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

High beams on 08 F350

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by 02CTD6spd, Jan 7, 2011.

1. 02CTD6spd

02CTD6spd Junior Member

I'll start off by saying that I've been lurking on these forums for a while and haven't found anything about the problem I'm having now, although I have found LOADS of other useful information... Love these forums, I don't know why I haven't bothered to register before now!

Anyhow, on to the problem at hand... I've got an 08 F350 with an 810 Power Plow, installed new in 08. Plow works great overall, but has a few quirks... lately, the problem has been the headlights. Low beams, park, and turn all work fine, however, the high beams on the plow do not work at all, and yes, the bulbs are good! Truck high beams work fine with the plow lights unplugged. I've checked all the wiring and fuses for obvious problems but I can't find a schematic online for the setup in that truck. The only schematics/diagrams I can find show four separate relays for the lights, this truck has one isolation module instead of four separate relays- does anyone have a testing procedure for the isolation module?

Sorry for being so long-winded in my first post, and thanks in advance for any help!

-Jeff

2. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Jeff,
    Need to make sure this is an 810 plow. If you have an isolation module, it is probably an 8100 plow, which is completely different electrical system from 810. Let us know, and we can better help you. The Turbo Diesels need the isolation modules on the driver's side between the fender outer and inner skin, because the underhood temps. were overheating the boxes.

3. 02CTD6spd

02CTD6spd Junior Member

I'll check on that and get back to you, it may well be an 8100, I wasn't actively involved in the purchase of this truck/plow... the truck is a 5.4 gas V8, if that's worth anything.

Thanks for the quick response!
    Jeff

4. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

08 fords used an isolation module with both plows and that is what is most likely gone bad

5. 02CTD6spd

02CTD6spd Junior Member

It is a model 810-1, and the isolation module part number is 29760-1

Does anyone have a testing procedure for the isolation module, other than buy a new one and see if that fixes the problem?

Thanks!
    Jeff

6. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Yep, throw them away and use the older wiring along with some LED's for the turn / run lights.

JMO

7. 02CTD6spd

02CTD6spd Junior Member

Jerre, could you explain more? The plow was dealer-installed and I haven't modified anything since... What "older wiring" do you mean?

Sorry if I sound like an idiot, and thanks in advance for your help!
    -Jeff

8. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Run a pre isolation module style harness with relays.

9. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

As John said, Pre isolation module harness. The change over harness and isolation module setup is causing lots of fun for guys.

J

10. damian

damian Senior Member

you could change it over but then you have to buy the harness,adapters,bulbs etc.and then do it.make sure the isolation module is mounted behind the drivers headlamp out of the engine bay.see if you can swap yours with a buddies to test it.blizzard doesnt have a good wire diagram on the iso module that i have seen.good luck