1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

High Beams Meyer-HELP

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by zurfsturfcare, Nov 4, 2010.

1. zurfsturfcare

zurfsturfcare Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

Hello,

I have a 2000 Chevy Silverado. When I turn my lights on only my high beams work and I cant turn the high beams off. I disconnected the plow lights from the left side and hooked it back up OEM. When I did that I was able to make the lights on the truck function properly. I hooked the left side back up and did the same thing to the right side. However, the high beams were still stuck on when I put the right side back to OEM. I gather that there is something wrong on the left side. Has anyone had this problem before?? Im not sure if it could be the change over module or not. I know they have internal fuses that could blow and not make the lights work, but to keep the bright lights stuck on is another thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What adapter do you have? Is it new or did you buy it used. If used what truck did it come off of?

3. zurfsturfcare

from NE Ohio

I think it is the change over module. It seems to only affect the left side. Also noticed today that when I turn my left turn signal on my headlight flashes with it. ???

4. zurfsturfcare

from NE Ohio

i bought the adapter new.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Swap the modules and see if the problem follows it.