1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

High beams don't work after plow install

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jimchris, Oct 24, 2010.

1. jimchris

jimchris Member

The high beams on my 2011 F350 don't work after my new poly-V was installed. The high and low on the plow works and the low on truck works. Dealer can't figure it out says it must be a Ford problem. Anyone ever hear of this or have any idea?

2. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

Sounds like a dealer problem? Good luck

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Maybe a high beam wire was cut? I dont know if plows are all plug and play or is there some wire connections to make. If there is maybe they didnt make a good connection with the cheezy scotch locks they probably used.

4. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

The installer may have tapped the wrong light wire depending on what is on the 2011s for the harness behind the headlights. I have not seen one yet. Check with the dealer, if it worked when it went there they are responsible for the truck as it was just the way you brought it in, working 100%

5. jimchris

jimchris Member

My Boss dealer says when I turn the truck high beams on it blows a 10 amp fuse. He had the truck Friday and Saturday and couldn't get it fixed so I guess I' ll take it to Ford and see what they say.

6. sker crunch

sker crunch Junior Member

BOSS knows about the Hi-Beam Problem

I just had a new v-xt installed on my 2011 F250 last week. This morning I went to use my brights and they didn't work. I called the installer and he said I'll call Boss and call you right back. He called 5 minutes later and said the Boss guy told him he just emailed him a service bulletin 15 minutes earlier about the KNOWN problem. It is a problem with a pin in the male connector. I'm supposed to bring it in at my convenience for the fix.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  7. jimchris

jimchris Member

I wonder if my dealer knows about this bulletin? He's taking it to Ford tomorrow to get something reflashed. He says they are making progress.

8. A&M Snowplowing

A&M Snowplowing Senior Member

ya i work at nrpe and friday we got the service bulletin on the wiring it for dodges and fords. they have new headlight adapter kits replaceing the rubber plug to a plastic plug with a pin. the 3 metal prongs in the plug where makin a bad conection causeing this problem. call your local dealer about this cause it covers all new dodges and fords or jus send me a message and i will see what i can do for u to get you the right harness.

9. jimchris

jimchris Member

Ford reflashed the computer and the lights all work now.

10. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Glad to hear you got it fixed. I had a new 9'2" V installed on my 99 F250 back in 03 with the same problem. I took it back to the boss dealer and they said I need to take it to the ford dealer. Long story short I never got it fixed and it still is like it to this day.

Bossman