1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

high beam problems

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by milwaukeevtwin, Nov 10, 2010.

1. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

I am trying to get the new plow tuned in and when the lights are on high beam they turn off and on quick a few times every couple minutes. Low beam works fine. Any ideals? Thanks, Ron

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Probably running a 5 relay harness correct? If so, which battery terminal did you connect the red/white wire to? Positive or negative?

Which way is the vehicle option connector placed? Like colored wire together or opposite?

100% positive you got all four headlamp adapters orientated correctly? They need to all be placed on the "A" side.

3. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

5 relay. Red and white to positive. I am not sure what you mean when you are talking about the option connector? I will recheck the adapters. Thanks, For the help.ussmileyflag

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The option connector is inline on the main harness downstream of the relay pack. Will be a molded rubber connector with two wires on it and is reversible. I don't suspect it's your issue since the lights all function but check it to be sure it's orientated correctly and FULLY connected.

Also double check your other connections for tightness while you're in there checking the adapters. Small brown, small red, and red/white wire at the battery terminals and be sure the inline fuses and relays are fully seated in their housings. I've seen a few of the inline fuse holders themselves defective too caused by mishandling during the install.