1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

High Beam Cuts Out.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Derek83, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Derek83

Derek83 Junior Member

:realmad:I have a 97 dodge 1500 and a unimount plow. My problem is when my high beams are on they will turn off if I flick back to low beam the low beams come on and if you flick back to high beam they will stay on for a short time. (getting all this) I thought it was in the connection but when I wigle the connection it dosen't seem to help:eek:

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Probably the High beam relay sticking. You should only have 2 relays.......change them both while you're in there, use some dielectric too.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  3. Derek83

Derek83 Junior Member

Are they easy to get to. I don't know much about it I am still learning.

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

They are easy to do.

They should be right behind the drivers side headlight. 5 wires going into each relay, just switch each wire one at a time.

Heres a link to the mechanics guide for the uni-mounts, print it and read it over once, will make it easier to tell us whats wrong and to understand what we tell you you need to do to fix it.

http://www.westernplows.com/publibrary.asp?cat=242

5. Derek83

Derek83 Junior Member

Thanks! I will try that.

6. mautore

mautore Member

Derek, Crash935 knows his stuff, he helped me out with a couple of issues!