1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hids in plow lights?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chevyzrule810, Sep 18, 2012.

1. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm upgrading my lights on my mm2 to new intensfires.I was thinking about putting hids in the lights.I've heard hids will burn out the isolation module.Is this true?

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You won't need HIDs. The H13s in the Intensifiers are very impressive. Set up dual burn on relays and you will have all the light you need.
    To more directly answer your question, I doubt the HIDs will even light off with Douglas Dynamics' ridiculous wiring harness and Isolation module. Miles of undersized wire and barely adequate switching

3. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Put a couple of rigid industries LEDs on it, perhaps one 30" e series for 950$ you'll SE for about 3000'