1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HIDs in fisher 2 plug plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by durafish, Dec 24, 2013.

1. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

wondering if i can just plug and play a hid kit in a mm1 2 plug plow with sealed beam lights. Is it too much draw?
    thanks

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Why not just buy bright regular bulbs? Like piaa or something.

3. durafish

from 02919

He wants hids. I have them in my 3 plug but Idk if the work on old 2 plug??

4. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

You'd have to change the housing from a sealed beam glass bulb to a composite/glass housing that uses replaceable halogen bulbs.. If I remember right, APC makes one and was sold at pep boys. A buddy of mine with a Chevy truck bought them and replaced the sealed beams...

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Who is "he"?

I thought it was you asking......

6. durafish

from 02919

I know what I need to change and what parts to get I just don't know if fisher wiring can handle it.

7. durafish

from 02919

Well as I thought you can not add hids to a 2 plug relay set-up, just draws too much for it to work for a plug n play style.

8. myzx6

myzx6 Member

Hid has less of a draw on the wiring, added a kit on my motorcycle this summer. The igniter/controller on is where all the high voltage happens, similar to an ignition coil on an engine

9. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

10. durafish

from 02919

What's the base plug on fisher lights? I thought it was h4 but it's not.

11. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

fwiw remember HIDs create a fair amount more heat so make sure to get a glass conversion bulb not plastic. Also, you'll need to find somewhere to put the ballasts... is there room enough inside the old style housings?

12. durafish

from 02919

Yup fit fine, slim ballast I'll hopefully get a pic of these installed on a 3 plug mm1 tomorrow.