1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hid's for vx85

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Nfiore89, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Nfiore89

Nfiore89 Junior Member

I recently just purchased VX85. I always put HID's in my plow lights and in all my trucks. This is my first Snow Dogg that I've owned and im having trouble finding the bulb size for the low beam on this plow. I've taking the bulb out and it says H7U. im not exactly sure what the U stands for. Does anyone know the bulb size I need. Is it just H7 and forget about the U or H5, H4. Please post back if you have any feed back. Thanks
  2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

It's H7. I'll be curious to hear how that works out. I've never heard much about the drop in replacements (as opposed to a complete HID kit with ballast).
  3. Nfiore89

Nfiore89 Junior Member

Thank You

Thank you. Ya its definitely better visibility then the stock headlights. I made custom boxes bolted them on the the frame ill let you know how this pans out.
    Thank you
  4. Andy64

Andy64 Junior Member
    from NNJ

deff want to see pics of the set up