1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ChEc0, Dec 3, 2005.

1. ChEc0

ChEc0 Member

i bought my truck in july and i went to crank up my torsion bars and i see a coaxil for a cb antenna hanging down so i go behind the drivers seat take the jack storage cover off and find a 2 strobe box there and i never knew it was there i chased the wires back and found they are haning under the taillights with no bulbs so now my question is where can i get bulbs,they are a 3 pin connector and the power supply box is a fleet industries

any input will help
    thanks in advance
  2. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

princess auto carries strobe bulbs sometimes. If not, there are plenty of online places.

I wish I could get that lucky, but the idea of spending $500 on lights makes me cringe.
  3. ChEc0

ChEc0 Member

they didnt have anything
  4. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

5. ChEc0

ChEc0 Member

i dont see what i need the power supply i got is a Fleet Industires and the connectors for the strobes are big 3-pin i will try to get pics of it
  6. go plow

go plow Senior Member

where in mass. are you. if your near ct. i might know a place were you can get them
  7. ChEc0

ChEc0 Member

im about an 1 1/2 hours away but monday im gonna check a truck supply place and see what they got but i just wanted to see if anyone could help with some info on this
  8. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

I think that is known as a dutch connector. You should be able to buy the strobe heads anywhere that carries them, no matter who the manufacturer is.
  9. go plow

go plow Senior Member

im not sure if this will help you but i know theres a fire supply store, they sell anythin that goes along with fire rescue, its in torrington ct...
  10. payton

payton Senior Member

11. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

12. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Good Day

IF you are near Danvers/North of Boston Area, I can help you out. I have some in stock and may have what you need cheap.

BROWNS SNOWPLOW Junior Member

you want to get hide aways or any light bars warning lights, go to www.galls.com they have alot of police and fire stuff but this is where a lot of municipalities get there equipment for emergency vehicles.
  14. massbowtie

massbowtie Member

15. profire73

profire73 Member

If you need any help, give me a call @ 616-403-8185 and I can order and have them shipped to you. The prices start @ about 17.00 a bulb for the strobes.

16. ChEc0

ChEc0 Member

thanks alot guys

mike i might be calling you soon
  17. ChEc0

ChEc0 Member

well my local parts store found the bulbs i need and they said they are 45$ a each
    now isnt that a little to much
  18. payton

payton Senior Member

19. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

it's Deutch connector.
    $45 per head is about right.

Every manufacturer claims you need to use their heads- always wondered about that. (Galls books mention it with each brand)
  20. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Deutch....Dutch... same thing, it's all how you say it.