1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hideaways on 99-07 Chevys

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Q101ATFD, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

I know a couple guy here have put hideaway strobes in their head/tail lights. I heard that the headlight housings have two layers on the bottom and guys are using a 1.5" hole saw to go through the outer housing, and then the 1" hole to go inside the actual headlamp...

Can anybody verify one way or another? Is this just on the headlight or is it the same with the tail lights?

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Put them in the amber turn signals. and in the front put them where the headlight raps around to the fender. So it would be strobe low beam then high beam all up top in the head light. Make sence? Thats where I had mine. Plus I see your on a fire dept., so the front ones will work great for when you are coming to a intersection and need the traffic clearing. You wont need the 1.5 hole saw bit, then the 1 inch one if you put then where I did in the front.

4. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Let me rephrase this...

Does anybody know if the headlights (upper or lower module) and tail lights have an inner and outer housing?

5. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Oh yeah - I'm on a FD but you won't see me busting any intersections in my POV. Got clears going in all four corners - undetermined position up front, and reverse lights in the rear.

6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Q
    As I posted before, the headlight housing is a double layer. the tail light housing is a single layer. YES you will need to drill a larger hole in the headlight housing first, then a one inch hole for the strobe tube. Send me a email flykelley930@aol.com put strobes in the subject line and I will email you pictures of my strobe install on my 05 2500 HD.

Regards Mike

7. pmgm

pmgm Junior Member

hideaways

Hello, I'm new to the site and i'm in the process of installing hideways on my 06 HD could you post pics of your headlights or email me pics if you dont mind bigp1975@ymail.com i would like to see how you did them .

Thanks
    Pernell