1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hideaways - LED Vs. Tubes

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by stroker79, Jan 12, 2010.

1. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I bought some new LED front turn signals for my ford pickup. I have tried every which way to get a tube in there but it just wont work. So it looks like im stuck with looking into LED HAWs. I personally like the tubes because they are far more attention getting in daylight and have a sharper crisper light. Im looking to do something pretty soon, But it looks like the best choices are the whelen vertex or the nova w600. What I have gathered by searching around here is that the nova w600 is the better one over the vertex. My question is how? the nova has only 4 gen3 light heads and the whelen has 6. I have also found that now nova makes 6 light head version but they are $150 each for clear. I want the best but $300 is a bit too much.

Does anyone have any comparison videos of tubes over LED HAWs? Especially the brands I just mentioned?

Any input? Im definitely getting clear light heads also.

Im just kinda stuck

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  2. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  3. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

What model Ford is it?

4. stroker79

It's a 03 superduty. But I'm putting these in an aftermarket led turn signal

5. stroker79

Hey John, thanks for your help on the phone!

I decided on the vertex and I got them from sirennet. They were the only ones that had them in stock and could ship right away.

I really like that sound off pinnacle fullsize lightbar. I will be giving you call when its time to order.

Thanks!

6. SafetyLighting

No problem Doug, let me know how you make out with them.

7. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

I just put the vertex in my 09 Ford and love them. You could put yours in the head lights on that model without even having to remove the housing, by drilling straight down from the top.

8. stroker79

Good to know but the only reason for getting them was to go into the corner housing on the marker, otherwise I would have just stayed with the strobe tubes I have.

I thought about putting my strobe tubes in the headlights but I think the housing is too big and will wash the light out and be near useless.

9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

If uou would like to see my truck in person we can meet up one day?

I have Vertex on my front and rear lights!

10. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

11. stroker79

Well I got the vertex in.

They are much brighter than I thought actually. The only part that sux is the housing they are in. The light heads are angled up about 30* so the viewing angle is isnt ideal. If your standing ai the front of the truck its super bright but about car height its not as bright. They dont seem to project light like a strobe does. No real reflections off of street signs and such (which is actually nice).

The tube have a sharper crisper light/sting when it hits your eyes than the LED but I like the vertex and im glad I got them. In direct viewing angle of the vertex, id say its just as bright/effective as my 90 watt strobes.

Ill take a little clip shoing the strobe vs LED today.

12. SafetyLighting

Sounds good, have fun with them.