1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hideaways in New Dodge Rams??

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by DaySpring Services, Nov 6, 2005.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone have hideaways in the new Rams? (03-and up?) I'd like to put some ambers in my reverse lights but dont think they'd fit. What about the front? Any pics would be helpful!!

2. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

Hideaway tubes will fit in the backup sections, just be sure to check with the clearance of the fasteners for the tail lamps before drilling. The front lenses are double layered. To mount the tubes in the front lenses, drill a 1.5" hole through the first layer and then a 1" hole in the reflector layer. No pics, sorry.

3. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

Call one of the manufactures.they should help out with the correct part number for the rear strobes

4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i have them in the reverse and in the front corners and the rear ones are snug but not touching adn they are bright i love them

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Ditto, Do it this way and you will love it.:nod:

6. DaySpring Services

Im going with 4 heads, 90 watts be good? Sounds like this project's going to be a little tricky to get them positioned right.

7. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I have clear hideway strobes in my turn signal lamps and my reverse lights and they are 100% brighter than any color that you can buy. And they are a little cheaper, too. :)

8. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

you know it really wasnt that hard it was just the wiring...have a hole saw and silicon and thas pretty much it adn under my back seat is where i have it...its not even screwed in and i drilled a hole threw the florr there. i just did it like 2 weeks ago so its all fresh in my head so keep me posted if you have any problems and ill try my best to walk you through it
    Tom

9. DaySpring Services

The wiring and all I can handle. Im just scared with the placement in the lenses. Dont wanna drill a hole in the wrong spot lol. I think I'll be fine once I take a better look.

10. DaySpring Services

Anyone have pics?....I especially want to see the tubes in the back up lights before I go ahead and drill things out.